Free Poker Bluff and Semi-Bluff Winning Methods
Bluffing in poker is a game tactic that you can apply when you don’t have a great hand. Basically, you bet or raise to try to convince other players that you have a strong hand and make them fold even if they have better hands. Bluffing is an essential skill that you should start practicing even if you are just starting out on free online poker sites. When you start playing for real money in poker rooms, you need to slow them down.
Why do you need to bluff?
First, it allows you to win with cards that are not so good.
Second, and most importantly, you can bluff (and lose) to bluff and win big pots later, when you have the best hand.
In other words, even failed bluffs have a use for you because they make your opponents pay when you have good cards.
But you have to keep your balance: if you bluff too much qq online, your opponents always call your bet and you lose your money. On the other hand, if you never bluff, when you have good cards and raise the pot, your opponents will fold and you will only win small pots.
But if you can hit and bluff just as often, you will make your opponents insecure and force bad decisions.
Ways to improve your poker bluffing skills:
1) Be careful when bluffing in limit games. At limit tables, you can’t raise that much and your opponents can call your bet more easily than in a limitless Texas Holdem game.
2) Study the other players. If you are at a table with very good players, your chances of winning are higher than at a table with few.
This is true because strong players respect their opponents’ bets and have the right discipline to fold their cards, even with an average hand.
Weaker players, although they do not understand, do not consider that you may be bluffing or may just call you out of curiosity.
3) Try to build a reputation on your table. Make your opponents insecure of their movements all the time.
For example, you can start the tournament with many bluffs, so your opponents pay a lot and you can win big pots when you have the right cards.
Or you start paying only with strong cards (AK, AQ, high pair, etc.). Later you can bring some bluff with weaker hands, as they already think you should have good cards (I recommend this)
4) Your position is decisive and generally good to pay when you are in the last positions near the dealer because you have more information about your opponents.
5) Practice! Start at the free poker sites to improve your skills in an environment that will not punish you financially.
6) Sometimes you can do the semi-bluff. In the semi-bluff, you bet that they will fold, but your cards may be good enough to win the pot if the turn and river are good. This happens, for example, when you have 4/5 flush, or 4/5 straight, or in rare cases when you have high ace.
Here’s an example of a semi bluff:
You have 9 and 10 hearts and the flop is Q-hearts, 4-clubs and 7-hearts.
In this example, you do not have the strongest hand. Your opponent has 4 and 3 (bad preflop card), he is more likely to win.
Then you can try to make a semi-bluff because you have the 4 hearts. You bet and your opponent starts thinking about what to do.
He has only one pair and one very low. He thinks, “I have little chance of winning … just a pair of 4s. He’s betting, he probably has Q … or 7 … Uhm, let’s try with another hand,” and the fold comes.